Terms & Conditions
- Layaway plans must consist of a personalized multi-year plate term selection, may not be a Background Only category and are not eligible for use in conjunction with any redemption certificates, rebate offers or any other promotional pricing. Layaway purchases shall be at the full current approved pricing of the plate message being reserved.
- Each Layaway plan represents a single, wholly stand-alone, distinct order. Payments may only be made at the scheduled amounts, and on the scheduled dates. Extra-amount payments are not accepted, but a plan may be paid off fully at any time. Paid amounts may not be moved between Layaway plans. The multi-year plate term selected at the onset of the Layaway plan will be fixed for the life of the plan.
- Fully completed layaway plans have no additional fees. Cancelled layaway plans have a $25 cancellation fee, please see Cancellation Policy below.
- Once the Layaway contract is entered into, the plate message selected by the customer will be put on reserve through the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles (“TxDMV”).”). All personalized plate selections are subject to review and approval by the TxDMV. If your combination is denied, we will contact you with the opportunity to make another selection. The plate message will remain on reserve until all payments have been received, at which point the order will then be placed through the TxDMV.
- An initial payment equal to 1/5th of the total price of the order is due when the
Layaway plan is initiated.
- Example: $450.00 divided by 5 payments = $90.00 per payment.
- After the initial payment, subsequent payments will be due on the same day of the next four ensuing months, in four (4) equal monthly installments (i.e. the Layaway was initiated on the 8th of March, the four equal installments would occur on the 8th of April, May, June and July). The 5th installment would be the last payment.
- The customer may contact My Plates at 888-769-7528, M-F 8a-5p, to pay off the remaining balance at any time during the term of the layaway contract, with no penalties or additional fees, or they may also change the credit card associated with the plan.
- Should the credit card used for making subsequent payments be denied, My Plates will contact the customer to obtain an alternate card for payment. If an alternate card is not identified, please see the below Cancellation Policy for the terms of cancellation.
- After the 4th installment is made, My Plates will send customer an email reminder to address on file to confirm plate order and invite customer to contact My Plates regarding permissible changes to the order. My Plates will place the order with the TxDMV immediately upon completion of the 5th and final payment at which time no further changes can be made, and send a confirmation receipt of the final plate order to the customer at that time.
- All orders submitted as a result of the layaway process will be subject to the My Plates Terms and Conditions listed at www.myplates.com/terms.aspx.
- From date of order, customers should allow three to four weeks for the manufacture and shipment of their specialty license plates to their local county tax office.
- The customer may cancel the layaway contract at any time by contacting My Plates at 888-769-7528, M-F 8a-5p. Cancelled layaway plans will receive a refund of your payments made to date on your plan minus a $25 cancellation fee. My Plates may cancel the layaway contract and assess the cancellation fee should any scheduled payment remain unfulfilled for more than 3 business days.
- Any payments that have been received will be refunded to the customer via the same credit card or by refund check, less the cancellation fee. Refunds to customer credit card are made if only one payment has been made within the past 120 days. Refund checks are issued for all other circumstances.
- Should the layaway contract be cancelled, the combination selected will be released back to the general public and could be selected by another customer. My Plates may not be able to get the combination reassigned to the original customer should they wish to purchase that combination at a later date.