My Plates Great Plate Auction 2018
Auction closes 8pm Central on April 25, 2018
MyPlates.com, the state’s vendor for marketing license plates in Texas, will be conducting their biggest auction of the year, the Great Plate Auction. My Plates will auction 50 select, highly sought-after license plate messages during this auction. Most have never before been available, including seven letter messages like "40 ACRES, 01 TEXAS and TEACHER", there are also low two-digit numbers 17 and 99 as well as the single letter plate Z.
Winners will be identified immediately after auction closes, and those winners must contact My Plates within 3 business days of the auction closing to place their order. The My Plates Customer Service Center will be open to call until 9p the evening the auction closes, and then the next 3 business days from 8a to 5p. Winners please call 888-769-7528 to finalize your order.
Each won plate message includes an initial 5-year term, and then the owner has first right of renewal at everyday pricing once initial term expires. Auction plate messages are also fully transferable, meaning they can be legally passed on to other family members, gifted to a friend, or even sold onward for a profit.
Texans wishing to bid must first register by clicking the "Go to Auction" link. The Auction will be conducted online and will run through 8pm Central, April 25, 2018.
- Auction runs through April 25, 2018.
- 50 unique and rare Texas license plate messages up for bid!
- Each a 5-year term, renewable and fully transferable.
- Pick from 100+ eligible plate background designs.
To see all 50 plate messages on offer, please click the "Go to Auction" link. The auction will be conducted online and will run through 8pm Central, April 25, 2018.
My Plates’ Auctions offer Texans a unique opportunity to purchase a coveted selection of reserved and sometimes never before released plate messages.
My Plates was given authority by the Texas legislature to auction these types of plate messages to help raise money for the Texas General Revenue Fund, which helps pay for services for all Texans.
Auction plate messages are highly sought-after and attract a great deal of attention from the media and public alike.
To receive updates about all of our auction events, sign up for our periodic newsletter - PL8 NEWS. In addition to providing you with the latest information on My Plates' auctions, PL8 NEWS will give you exclusive offers and keep you informed about new plate designs, plate releases, events, surveys, stories, and more.
Why Buy at Auction?
- Opportunity to purchase a truly exclusive plate message from My Plates' reserve collection.
- First right of renewal at the state's everyday pricing, which means you can keep the plate for as long as you choose to renew it.
- Auction plates are fully transferable. Not only can they be transferred from one vehicle to another, but also person-to-person, such as parent to their children or friend-to-friend. The plate owner also has the right to sell the plate message to another person with the same ongoing rights. As a result, Auction plates could be an excellent investment.
- Peace of mind, knowing that you're purchasing your official Texas license plates from My Plates, the authorized specialty plate vendor for the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles.
- Supports the General Revenue Fund of Texas, which provides services for all Texans.
- To read the Auction Terms and Conditions, click here.
- sold for $115,000 in September 2013, making it the most expensive plate message in Texas.
- sold for $25,000 in January 2013.
- sold for $16,500 in January 2013.
- sold for $15,000 in January 2011.
- sold for $11,500 in January 2011.
- sold for $10,500 in February 2018.
- sold for $10,250 in March 2016.
- sold for $6,250 in November 2016.
- sold for $5,250 in August 2017.
- sold for $5,250 in May 2016.
- sold for $4,900 in November 2016.
- sold for $4,300 in November 2015.
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST IN SELLING YOUR PLATE AT AUCTION!
Do you own a desirable plate message? Is your plate message valuable? Would you be interested in selling your plate via a My Plates auction? If “yes”, then please click the button below.