My Plates is monitoring the impacts of the Covid-19/Coronavirus to our program. We will update information regarding these impacts on this page.
NOTE: Most county tax offices are now open and providing services as usual or providing services via alternate methods such as mail or drive-thru’s. Please call your local County Tax Assessor-Collector office or consult their website before going to pick up a My Plates to A) confirm their operating hours, B) whether your plate has been delivered and C) it is available for pick-up or for mailing to your home. For additional information regarding County Tax Assessor–Collector Office closures please review the following TxDMV website www.txdmv.gov/covid-19.
Major Metro Area Counties Plate Pick-up Services:
- All stations are open; customers MUST wear masks and socially distance, and only 2 persons per transaction allowed in the building.
- Open, business as usual, will email customer when plates arrive.
- All stations are open; customers MUST wear masks and socially distance, will email customers when plates arrive.
EL PASO COUNTY:
- All stations are open.
- Open to public. Customer’s will be emailed when plates are available for pick-up.
- Open, business as usual.
TRAVIS COUNTY: please follow these steps
- Customer contacts county (512-854-9473 or by email TaxOffice@TravisCountyTX.gov) to confirm plate arrival
- Plate pick-up by drive-thru or appointment only.
- To make an appointment, go to www.traviscountytax.org.
WILLIAMSON COUNTY: please follow these steps
- All stations are open; customers MUST wear masks and socially distance.
Where can I see information about County Tax Assessor–Collector Office closures?
For information regarding County Tax Assessor–Collector Office closures, as well as title and registration service impacts, please review the following TxDMV website www.txdmv.gov/covid-19. Also, please consult your local CTAC website, as available.
Will my Order be delayed, or will I be delayed in picking up my Order?
From time of order being placed, My Plates typically take 3 to 4 weeks for manufacturing, shipment, check-in and then being available for pick up at your local County Tax Assessor-Collector Office. Customers may experience delays in being able to pick up a My Plates at their local County Tax Assessor-Collector Offices due to office revised schedules and revised service offerings.
What impact is there to current promotions or sales?
Our current promotion is eligible for purchase through our Layaway Program. Typically, Layaway Plans are not eligible for promotional rebates. But we want our customers to have purchase options during this crisis, so the current promotion is eligible for Layaway.
What steps is My Plates taking as a business to mitigate risk during the coronavirus?
In support of the social distancing initiatives necessary to reduce the risk of virus transmission, our staff is working from home.
Please contact us M-F 8a-5p at 888-769-7528.